Sunday, August 1, 2010

Are fingernails digestable?

I have a friend that chews their nails, alot. And they've just asked me if they are digestible, and if not, do they stay in you forever? I think they come out, but I will let the more informed answer.Are fingernails digestable?
noAre fingernails digestable?
Hi, fingernails and toenails are made of a tough protein called cartlige and are produced from living skin cells in the fingers and toes. Yes you can this eating. But what is negative effect - that is Nail biting may result in the transportation of bacteria that are buried under the surface of the nail that are hard to clean and easy to get in the mouth. Likewise, broken skin on the cuticle may be susceptible to microbial and viral infections. These pathogens can be spread between digits via saliva. It may also cause excessive or abnormal wear of tooth enamel.


Biting the nails often indicates internal tension, stress, boredom, hunger, or it may simply be a habit. Therefore, you need be saved from escape.


Jason Homan


The AskedWeb.com information portal ... 禄
i always see people u chew there nails they always spit it out
I've wondered that myself. I always figured they were. After, all they're just calcium, so I'd imagine your body would process it as such.
Fingernails are made from dead body cell hence they have no sense and it is hard, these are not digestable, they do not stay in but passes out as usual alongwith other body waste.

No comments:

Post a Comment