Saturday, August 21, 2010

What do white stripes on fingernails mean?

zinc deficiencyWhat do white stripes on fingernails mean?
If you mean the little marks that are really white, apparently it's from lack of calcium. That's all I know about it though!What do white stripes on fingernails mean?
I am not going to say it does not have something to do with a vit. deficiency but in my particular case I know I have never had a Zinc, Calcium or any other Vit. deficiency (NEVER).


I have been told that the 'white spots' under the nails come as a result of 'emotional uphevals' in ones' life ... and I have had a few of those especially through childhood and adolescence. Those are the years I remember getting those 'white spots'!
Are you talking about the little ';moons'; at the base of your nails? Everyone has some to some degree - it's inherited.





If you are talking about ones going longways in the nail - it can be a sign of vitamin deficiency. Take a multivitamin, but it won't help with what you already have showing. And since it can take a long time for your nails to grow out, it will be a while ...





If it worries you, see a doctor (or a manicurist - they might know!) :-)
you have a mineral deficiency.
it means that she's a player
You're not getting enough calcium in your diet.

No comments:

Post a Comment