Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Purple fingernails and blotchy skin?

Im an 18 year old male who is pretty underweight. I'm about 6 feet tall and about 135 lbs. Whenever I get cold or nervous, my fingernails look purple-ish and my skin gets kind of blotchy. If I'm up moving around, they are red again, or if I'm not cold, they are fine. Or if i kind of move my hands around and rub my fingernails, they turn redish again. No injuries or anything, it's just been like that as long as i can remember.





Is this normal?Purple fingernails and blotchy skin?
Looks circulation to me, and ';as long as you can remember'; sounds congenital to me. Ask your parents about the latter. And like Varun suggested, to preclude a heart problem getting ahead of you without your suspecting it, consult a physician. If there's something wrong, he'll manage it for and with you.Purple fingernails and blotchy skin?
possibly a vitamin c deficiency?
A friend had similar symptoms and he it was later discovered that he had a heart problem. You must consult a physician just to play safe.
Sounds like peripheral vitamin deficiency,a multi vitamin should do the trick but,get yourself checked first.

No comments:

Post a Comment