Sunday, August 1, 2010

Fingernails! What temperature do they melt at?

forestry, I'm not at all sure they melt. Having set one on fire more than once (long nails, smoker, temperamental Zippo), I can report with authority that they burn (but can be blown out, like a match). The nail was charred and black afterward, but its shape not altered in a way that suggest any of it had melted.Fingernails! What temperature do they melt at?
They are made of keratin aren't they, i didn't think they melted, or if they did it would be at very very high temperaturesFingernails! What temperature do they melt at?
yano ive always wondered that!


artificial ones about 500 degrees!


but dont know about real ones

1 comment:

Ansley Whitlock said...

I know this is 12 years old, but I can now atest that they do in fact melt. I was trying to pick up bacon from a hot pan with my nails (not very smart, I know but they are long enough that the grease doesnt tuch my fingers) and in the process I melted my fingernail. It turned a caramel brown color. So, whatever temperature bacon grease gets is hot enough apparently.

Post a Comment