Tuesday, August 24, 2010

How to stop biting fingernails? and cheek chewing!?

hey im lee im 14 and i have been a cheek chewer and always biting my nails my whole life! any way to break the habit?How to stop biting fingernails? and cheek chewing!?
walgreens or any pharmacy has this stuff called thumb paint it on your fingernails it will have the most nasty and bitter taste to it and this might help you. people use it on kids to also to keep them from sucking thier thumbs and i have used it on my kids and it worked so maybe it will help. good luck.How to stop biting fingernails? and cheek chewing!?
im 14 too, and when i was little i always bit my nails. and my mother bought me a nail enamel with the taste of pepper ad every time a put my nails on my mouth it was very spicy and as the time passed i never put them on my mouth. u should by something like that to break the habit, it worked for me and now i dont bite them any more.
im 15 and do that too i cant stop no matter what i do so i paint my fingernails so i dont bite them since i dont want to eat nail polish. even if your not the girly type and dont like painting your naills paint them clear so no one can really tell. thats what i did
Sheer will power.
CHEW GUM!!! IT WORKS! i now have finger nails to prove it.
try fake nails for awhile that will stop it also you can try gloves . as for cheeks thats a big habit that sounds really hard to break sorry I cant help that
hey lee my daughter has the same problem with that i suggest just think about where you have been putting you have bin putting your hands and you will stop bitting your finger nails or else put on fake nails
omg i didnt know it was a name... cheek chewing?? lol good luck im 22 n i still do it! i swear i was doin it when i saw ya question! y do u wanna stop?hmmm
Try to chew gum, Trident is sugar free and healthy, plus it tastes better than your cheek or fingernails! Hope it works!

No comments:

Post a Comment